Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Right of way or perhaps I should call it an-excuse-to-be-reckless

Dear Kids on Bicycle,

Being young does not mean that you would not die if I hit you with my car. Even if you do not die, you definitely will have several injuries. So, please know that just because your school is just a few metres away from where you are at the moment, does not mean that you can cross the street with your bicycle as you please without paying any attention to us drivers.

You stopped right in front of a moving car (my car apparently) and act like nothing happened? You are lucky that I managed to break on time. You are lucky that the car behind me did not crash into me. Your lack in the sense of safety is the main reason for road accidents these days. You know why, because you think that just because you are being hit, you are the victim.

Yes, you are young but that does not make you invincible.




The Local Sport Car Girl,
RynnKhazali





p/s : I think the law that stated that if you are being hit by another vehicle, thus, you are the victim is very stupid. Why the heck they should be the victim if they are the reason we ACCIDENTALLY hit them i.e they are driving recklessly. Why should we pay the charges if it is their fault for driving/cycling/riding recklessly or talking to other motorcyclist in the middle of the road or not giving signals when they should etc. I could list down all day about this. I nearly hit another car because that person could not be bothered to give signal sebelum masuk simpang. Luckily there was no car in the next lane and I managed to elak hitting the car. We were so closed that it was only a few inches between our car.

No comments:

Post a Comment